ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ॥
One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace ~
Chant And Meditate:
ਆਦਿ ਸਚੁ ਜੁਗਾਦਿ ਸਚੁ॥
True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages.
ਹੈ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੋਸੀ ਭੀ ਸਚੁ ॥੧॥
True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True.||1||
ਸੋਚੈ ਸੋਚਿ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਜੇ ਸੋਚੀ ਲਖ ਵਾਰ॥
By thinking, He cannot be reduced to thought, even by thinking hundreds of thousands of times.
ਚੁਪੈਚੁਪ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਜੇ ਲਾਇ ਰਹਾ ਲਿਵ ਤਾਰ॥
By remaining silent, inner silence is not obtained, even by remaining lovingly absorbed deep within.
ਭੁਖਿਆ ਭੁਖ ਨ ਉਤਰੀ ਜੇ ਬੰਨਾ ਪੁਰੀਆ ਭਾਰ॥
The hunger of the hungry is not appeased, even by piling up loads of worldly goods.
ਸਹਸ ਸਿਆਣਪਾ ਲਖ ਹੋਹਿ ਤ ਇਕ ਨ ਚਲੈ ਨਾਲਿ॥
Hundreds of thousands of clever tricks, but not even one of them will go along with you in the end.
ਕਿਵ ਸਚਿਆਰਾ ਹੋਈਐ ਕਿਵ ਕੂੜੈ ਤੁਟੈ ਪਾਲਿ॥
So how can you become truthful? And how can the veil of illusion be torn away?
ਹੁਕਮਿ ਰਜਾਈ ਚਲਣਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਨਾਲਿ ॥੧॥
O Nanak, it is written that you shall obey the Hukam of His Command, and walk in the Way of His Will. ||1||
The aim of our fund drive is to increase the amount of monthly pledges to Beaverton Gurdwara from the current total of $1700 to $3500 per month. As you already know, the current location of Beaverton Gurdwara is a leased property and the rent is $1900 per month. With all the utilities figured in, we are spending about $2500 per month. The need has been felt for some time now to hire a Bhai Sahib so that gurdwara open time could be expanded, kirtan and santhiya classes could be offered and monthly sehaj paath could be performed at Beaverton Gurdwara. Sangat of Beaverton Gurdwara also had originally come together with a future vision of a permanent gurdwara location. In order to make that vision a reality, we need to start accumulating funds so that when an opportunity arises to own a permanent location, we could move forward. Please note that all the legal, operational and financial functions of Beaverton Gurdwara are conducted under the name of Sikh Center of Oregon, which is a non-profit religious organization.
1. Winter coat drive in memory of Shahidi Purab: We have started a winter coat drive at Beaverton Gurdwara to benefit the Human Solutions, a non-profit organization committed to helping people rise from homelessness by providing them with job training and housing assistance. Along with the winter coat drive info, sizes of coats/jackets needed for men and boys are posted at the gurdwara bulletin board. New winter coats will be collected until Sunday, December 21. This coat drive is to honor the hallowed memory of the martyrdom of Mata Gujar Kaur ji, Guru Gobind Singh ji's four sahibzadey and Sikh soldiers in the harsh winter conditions of 1705. Please let us know if you're unable to collect coat size info from the gurdwara in person; we'd be happy to send you the info via email. We're hoping that sangat will donate generously toward this worthy cause.
2. Shahidi Purab on Sunday, December 21: The young sevadaars of Beaverton Gurdwara are hard at work preparing to present a program of shabads and kavitas in memory of shahidi of Mata Gujar Kaur ji, four sahibzadey and Sikh warriors. Please plan on joining us at Beaverton Gurdwara on Sunday, December 21 for this special program to encourage the young sevadaars. We are grateful to Birender Singh Kahlon and Manjit Singh Antal for bringing the movie 'Chaar Sahibzadey' to our area so we could see a visual rendition of the saga of unparalleled bravery.
3. Suggestion Box at Beaverton Gurdwara: Your suggestions, opinions and comments are welcome at Beaverton Gurdwara. These can be submitted online via gurdwara website. Now there is also a wooden suggestion box placed next to the microwave in the gurdwara main hall area. Please utilize it and help us serve you better.
4. Computers, printers and tablet at gurdwara: With generous contribution of computers and printers received from Ravinder Singh and Mandeep Singh, Beaverton gurdwara has a desktop, a laptop and two printers operating now. Charanpreet Singh has made the contribution of installing all the needed software to help these machines run smoothly. With the donations received from the sangat, Harbaksh Singh has brought a tablet for the gurdwara youth to help with kirtan seva and hukamnama translation seva. Our sincere appreciation to all the sevadaars for bringing all the needed technology to Beaverton Gurdwara.
5. Guru Gobind Singh ji's prakash purab: We will be celebrating the prakash purab of Guru Gobind Singh ji at Beaverton Gurdwara with an akhand paath seva Friday to Sunday, December 26 to 28. Please see the akhand paath schedule below and write back with your preference for akhand paath seva time.